Fancy a spicy, satisfying curry? Try this recipe out!!
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Large frying pan
- 1 onion
- 800grams skinless and boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- 170grams fresh spinach
- 4 large red potatoes
- 2 tablespoon medium or hot curry powder/paste
- 400grams can chopped tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander (optional)
- 1teaspoon dried mint (optional)
- Peel and finely chop the onion
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces
- Roughly chop the spinach
- Peel the potatoes and cut into bite size pieces
- Heat a large non stick frying pan over a medium heat. When hot, add the onion, potatoes, chicken, spinach and curry powder/paste and stir to mix well. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes
- Add the chopped tomatoes and 400 millilitres of water and bring to the boil. Cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook gently for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken and potatoes are cooked through and tender.
- Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper. Add the herbs and serve.