Use cauliflower to create delicious pizza bases in this quick recipe
- Bakling tray
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Large bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Greaseproof paper
- Nonstick spray
- 590g cauliflower, grated (about 1/2 a large head)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 295g low fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Ground black pepper
- 60g tomato sauce
- 230g cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with greaseproof paper, and preheat oven to 425ºF (Gas Mark 7).
- Grate the cauliflower using a box grater
- Place in a large bowl and microwave for seven to eight minutes, or until soft. Remove from the microwave and let cool.
- Into the cauliflower add the egg, 235g mozzarella, parmesan cheese, and pepper.
- Place on the baking tray and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Top the pizza with the sauce, 60g mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted and is bubbly
- Top with basil before serving.
Add loads of different veggies to add colour and flavour to your pizza